This guide is designed to provide Administrators an overview of the following Calendar topics in Incident IQ:
You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index simply use the Return to Index link located at the end of any section.
- Adding a New Calendar
- Adding an Event to a Calendar
- Editing/Deleting a Calendar
- Editing/Deleting an Event
Administrators can add, edit, as well as delete calendars and events in Incident IQ. To access these features simply use the left navigation bar to and select Administration > Calendars.
Adding a New Calendar
To add a new calendar in Incident IQ, select New Calendar on the left-hand side of the Calendars main page. You will now see the Add Calendar window. From here you can name the new calendar and select a color scheme.
Adding an Event to a Calendar
To add an event to an existing calendar, select New Event near the top right of the main Calendars page. This will open the Event Properties page.
This will open a the Add Event pop-up window where you can start filling in your event information. This includes:
- Event Name: This is the name that will appear for this event on the calendar you add it to.
- Date Range: This allows you to select a start and end date for your event.
- All Day Event: This allows you to indicate whether your event is all day. If you toggle this option off, you will be able to edit the times in your date range.
- Recurring Event: Toggling this option on will allow to select if this even occurs daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly.
- Calendar Selection: This option allows you to select which calendar the event should be added to.
- Event Type: This option allows you the indicate if this event is a Break, Grading Period, Holiday, Out of office, Quarter, Scheduled Event, School Year, Semester, Special Event, Support Session, Test Day, or Training/Work Day.
- Event Location: This allows you to specify a meeting location, or provide a link to an online meeting.
- Notes Field: This allows you to provide any additional information you feel is necessary for the event in question.
Tip: You can set up holiday exclusions for SLA calculations. When creating this type of event, you will need to ensure that you select the Break or Holiday event types from the drop-down menu.
Editing/Deleting a Calendar
To edit or delete a calendar, simply select the one you want to make changes to from the list of calendars on the left-hand side of the Calendars page as shown in the example below.
This will open the Edit Calendar window. From here you can edit both the calendar name and color scheme. You also have the option of deleting the calendar entirely by selecting Delete This Calendar. Please note that both the Calendar and all events associated with it will be permanently deleted during this process.
Editing/Deleting an Event
To edit or delete a calendar event start by selecting the event in question on the Calendars main page as shown in the example below.
This will open the Event Properties window. Here you can edit the event name, the assigned color scheme, as well as change the event's start and end dates. You also have the option of deleting the event entirely by selecting Delete Event.