The Infinite Campus Integration allows administrators to seamlessly integrate Infinite Campus with Incident IQ by automating most aspects of your data upload. This provides administrators the ability to easily manage the sync and mapping options for users, groups, and locations between the two programs in one convenient location. The following guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to integrate the Infinite Campus with Incident IQ.
Not what you were looking for? Perhaps one of these other guides will help:
- Managing the Infinite Campus Integration - A guide that provides an in-depth overview of managing the Infinite Campus Integration in Incident IQ.
- Managing Incident IQ Apps - A guide designed to provide a brief overview of Incident IQ Apps and how to access app management.
Setup and Installation
Please note that all information entered during installation can be edited at any time after setup. For more details refer to the Application Management section within this document.
Before beginning the installation process you will need the following:
- Your OneRoster URL, consumer key, consumer secret, and expiration date. If you do not already have this information you can easily obtain them from Infinite Campus by following the instructions on the OAuth Client Management page.
- Locations set up in Incident IQ. This will allow you to easily map data points with location information from Infinite Campus to iiQ.
Once you have this information select Incident IQ Apps > Browse on the left navigation bar.
Click on the Infinite Campus App and then select Install to begin.
Step one of the installation process simply provides an overview of what the Infinite Campus Integration will install into Incident IQ. Select Continue once you are ready to proceed to step two.
For the first phase of step two, you will need to enter your OneRoster URL, consumer key, consumer secret, and expiration date. Each of these fields must be filled out in order to continue. Once you have completed this section select Validate to proceed.
The next phase of step two will automatically attempt to map all locations from Infinite Campus to corresponding locations previously setup in Incident IQ. Any locations that do not automatically map will be highlighted in orange and allow for you to manually select the correct location to map. Though not necessary to move on it is highly advised that you ensure all locations have been created and are mapped correctly at this time. Once you have completed this section select Continue to proceed.
You will now be asked to set up the system import and update sync options. This will determine what users and user data Incident IQ will create and update during the initial import and subsequent syncs with Infinite Campus.
The Import Options section allows you to manage the following:
- Include Inactive Users: When this box is checked, a new user will be created in Incident IQ for any inactive users in Infinite Campus during the initial import, as well as any new inactive users found when a sync is run.
- Import Students: When this box is checked, a new user will be created in Incident IQ for any student users in Infinite Campus during the initial import, as well as any new students found when a sync is run.
- Import Teachers: When this box is checked, a new user will be created in Incident IQ for any teacher users in Infinite Campus during the initial import, as well as any new teachers found when a sync is run.
- Import Administrators: When this box is checked, a new user will be created in Incident IQ for any administrator users in Infinite Campus during the initial sync, as well as any new administrators found when a sync is run.
- Import Other Users: When this box is checked, a new user will be created in Incident IQ for any miscellaneous users like parents or guardians in Infinite Campus when running a sync.
Once you have completed this section select Continue to proceed.
The final phase of step two will ask what additional features you want to include with the Infinite Campus Integration. These options include:
- Activate Infinite Campus ticket submission within Online Systems: Activates Infinite Campus as an Online System for use in ticket submissions.
- Custom Fields: Allows for Incident IQ to import and populate the following data fields in tickets: Teacher, Course Code, Course Section, and Student. These fields significantly reduce the time needed to submit a ticket for issues related to grading, attendance, course problems, and other Infinite Campus related issues.
- Parent / Guardian Login: Allows for Parents and Guardians with Infinite Campus accounts to login into Incident IQ to see their student's account.
Once you have completed this section select Continue.
At this time you may make changes to any section by clicking on any of the checked settings. If you are ready to proceed select Continue.
At this time you will be asked to review all of the changes that are about to be made to your Incident IQ site. Before moving on please keep in mind that after the installation process begins it cannot be stopped. Once you have completed your review select Install App to begin the integration process.
Once the installation has been completed all of your relevant Infinite Campus data should now be imported into Incident IQ.