The following guide is designed to give administrators a general overview of following topics:
- An overview of locations and their use in Incident IQ
- Accessing and managing locations, including step-by-step guides on creating, editing, and deleting a location
You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index simply use the Return to Index link located at the end of any section.
- Creating a New Location
- Editing an Existing Location
- Deleting a Location
Locations in Incident IQ represent the schools or other physical facilities in your district. They serve as a key foundational element to use iiQ to its fullest potential. This includes:
- The ability to automatically attach location data during ticket submission based on the assigned location of a user or asset
- The ability to assign district assets to a location and room number for greater device oversight, tracking capability, and Quick Ticket submission
- The ability to automatically assign tickets to agents and teams based upon their designated work location using Rules Engine
- The ability to use location data to filter assets and ticket views, and create Custom Views based upon these settings
- The ability to see overall trends at a particular location using Analytics Explorer.
Administrators and agents with the appropriate permissions can access the locations page by selecting Locations on the left navigation bar.
Creating a New Location
To create a new location in Incident IQ simply select Add Location near the top right of the main Locations page.
From here you can name, assign an abbreviation, select a building type, set an address, and add a floor plan for your new location. Once you have completed this section select Save Changes.
At this point, your new location has been entered into Incident IQ and will now show up in the list of locations on the main Locations page.
Adding a Single Room to a Location
It's possible to add rooms to locations in Incident IQ. From any location page, simply select the Plus icon located at the top right of the rooms section.
This will open up a new room field, allowing you to enter your new room number and description.
Importing a List of Rooms to a Location
Instead of creating each one room at a time, it is possible to upload a list of rooms for a location all at once. To do so, simply select the Plus icon located at the top right of the rooms section on any locations page.
This will open the Import Rooms page for the location in question. Simply enter or copy and paste your list of room numbers in the Rooms box as instructed. Once your list is completed, select Import New Rooms to complete the upload.
Automatic Room Creation during Asset Imports
You can easily add rooms that do not already exist at a location during an asset import. To do so, simply ensure that the Create Rooms option is toggled. Once the upload begins, the system will create any room that doesn't already exist at a mapped location based upon the data in your spreadsheet.
Editing an Existing Location
To edit a location simply select it from the list of locations on the main Locations page.
This will take you to the Location information page. Select Edit Location in the bottom right of the Location Overview section.
You can now edit the location's name, assign a new abbreviation, reassign the building type, set a new address, and add/remove a floor plan. Once you have completed this section select Save Changes.
Deleting a Location
To delete a location simply select it from the list of locations on the main Locations page.
Important Note: Any permissions, rules, user access, and analytics that rely on mapping to this location will be lost in the process. Please ensure contingencies for all mappings have been put in place before proceeding.
Once on the Location page, scroll down to the bottom of the overview section and select Delete.