Incident IQ is designed to give faculty and staff users the ability to have favorited devices and systems, known as assets, to help maked the ticket submission process quicker. This guide is designed to give a general overview of the following topics:
- The benefits of Quick Tickets.
- How to add and remove favorite assets from your account.
- How to view asset details.
Not what you were looking for? Perhaps one of these other guides will help:
- Submitting a New Ticket - A step by step guide to submitting new tickets.
- Submitting Tickets for Other Users or Locations - A step by step guide on how to change the user or location when submitting a new ticket.
- Tracking Tickets - A guide on how to manage and respond to your ticket submissions.
You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index simply use the Return to Index link located at the end of any section.
Favoriting assets is designed to make your ticket submission faster for devices that you normally use by cutting out the asset identification steps. From your Dashboard, you can quickly select a favorited asset from the Quick Tickets section...
... and skip directly to reporting the issue you are having with your asset.
Favoriting an Asset
You can favorite assets from the Favorites / Linked Assets page of your Incident IQ account. To add a new favorite select the Add Favorite icon near the top right of the page.
One of the easiest ways to find generic assets, such as software, is to simply type the name of the asset into the search bar. When you've found the asset in question, scroll to the top right corner of the asset and click on the star icon.
If you are looking for more specific assets. Using the Search drop-down menu to the right of the search bar, you can lookup devices based on the following criteria:
- By Room #: If your district has included room numbers on assets, you can use this option to see what assets have been assigned to your room.
- By Serial #: If you have your device's asset number (generally located on the rear or bottom of most devices) you can search for it specifically using this option.
- By Asset Tag: If your district uses asset labels you can use this option to search for the specific device in question.
Whenever you add a new asset to your favorites, the Favorites / Linked Assets page will update to reflect this addition.
Unfavoriting an Asset
You can unfavorite assets in Incident IQ simply by selecting the orange star on the top right of any asset icon.
From here a confirmation window will appear asking if you are sure that you want to unfavorite the asset. Select Yes to confirm.
Viewing Asset Details
You can view an asset's details in Incident IQ by selecting the asset in question on the Favorites / Linked Assets page.
From here you can access general information such as asset tag, manufacturer, model, location, owner, as well as an activity timeline.