This article is designed to give administrators and agents with the appropriate permissions a general understanding of the following topics:
- Creating, editing, and deleting ticket templates
- Automate ticket generation for recurring tasks
- Giving users permissions to use select templates for quick tickets
- Apply templates during bulk ticket submission
Not what you were looking for? Perhaps one of these other guides will help:
- Managing Custom Fields - A guide that provides a general overview on creating, editing, and deleting custom data fields for tickets, assets, and users.
- Managing Custom Names - A guide that provides a general overview on creating, editing, and deleting custom naming for issues, models, and assets.
You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index simply use the Return to Index link located at the end of any section
- Creating a Ticket Template
- Editing/Deleting Ticket Templates
- Using Templates for Quick Tickets
- Scheduling Automatic Ticket Submissions
- Applying Templates to Bulk Ticket Submissions
Ticket Templates allows administrators to save preconfigured ticket details for use in quickly creating new tickets. These can be used in a number of ways including, but not limited to:
- Allowing administrators to give certain agents, such as tier one tech support, access to premade ticket templates for use in quickly submitting tickets for themselves or other users
- Setting up schedules to automatically generate tickets at specific times throughout the year for recurring tasks and projects
- Apply templates during bulk ticket submissions to quickly generate tickets for large groups of devices, such as for end-of-year device collection, inspection, and repair
To access the Ticket Templates page, select Tickets > Ticket Templates on the left navigation bar.
Creating a Ticket Template
To create a new ticket template, begin by clicking on the New Ticket Template button in the top-right corner of the Ticket Templates page.
This will open up a new pop-up window. From here, you can begin entering in the ticket template information. You'll need to select a name for your template. Additionally, you can also fill in the following information in the Ticket Issue section:
- Requestor (required if a schedule is not set)
- Ticket location (required if a schedule is not set)
- Issue category and the specific issue
The next section, Ticket Details, will allow you the option of entering information for your ticket subject and description.
The Workflow Details section allows you to manually select the following:
- The workflow for this ticket
- Ticket status
- Assigned agent
- Assigned team
- Priority level
- Assigned SLA
- Assigned work package
The Options section will allow you to select whether you would like to have rules fire on your submitted tickets when using this template. Please note that selecting this option may override settings specified in other sections of the Template Details page.
Editing/Deleting a Ticket Template
To edit or delete a ticket template begin by clicking its name on the Ticket Templates page.
This will open the Ticket Template Properties page. From here you can edit the ticket as you see fit and Save any changes at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, may also simply Delete the template entirely here as well.
Using Templates for Quick Tickets
You can give select users the ability to apply ticket templates during the ticket submission process as a way to submit quick tickets. To do so, begin by clicking on the template in question.
This will open the Ticket Template Properties page. From here, select the Permissions tab near the top of the page.
In the Permissions tab, you can add any number of users that you would like to have access to this template using the drop-down menu. Once selected, click on Add.
Now, whenever these users go to submit tickets they will see this ticket template available as an option underneath Start with a ticket template.
Scheduling Automatic Ticket Submissions
To set up an automatic ticket submission using a ticket template begin by clicking on the template in question.
This will open the Ticket Template Properties page. From here, select the Schedules tab near the top of the page.
In the Schedules tab, click the Add Schedule button in the top-right of the page.
This will open the Schedule Editor. You can choose the frequency of your task using the options listed on the left of the window.
Depending on your selection, you'll then need to decide on specific times, days, dates, and months for when you would like your ticket to generate. When done, click Apply. Please note that you may add as many schedules to your ticket template as you want.
Applying Templates to Bulk Ticket Submissions
To apply a ticket template when submitting tickets in bulk, begin by selecting one or more assets in any asset view. After selecting your assets, click on Other > Submit Tickets.
In the pop-up window, check the box next to Use an existing template? in the top right corner.
From here, simply select which ticket template you want to apply on your ticket submissions. This will update your data fields in the window to match what is saved in the template. After reviewing the data, click Update to submit your tickets.