Warning: This document contains instructions for adjusting app synchronization settings that can adversely affect your device data, user data, and/or user mapping settings in Incident IQ. As such, only qualified personnel should proceed with making adjustments to the settings outlined in this document.
The Infinite Campus App allows administrators to seamlessly integrate Infinite Campus with Incident IQ by automating most aspects of your data upload. This provides administrators the ability to easily manage email translation settings, as well as the sync and mapping options for users, groups, and locations between the two programs in one convenient location. The following guide provides an in-depth overview of managing this application in Incident IQ.
Not what you were looking for? Perhaps one of these other guides will help:
- Infinite Campus App Installation - A guide that provides step-by-step instructions on how to integrate the Infinite Campus App into Incident IQ.
- Managing Incident IQ Apps - A guide designed to provide a brief overview of Incident IQ Apps and how to access app management.
You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index simply use the Return to Index link located at the end of any section.
- Accessing the Infinite Campus App Management
- Overview Tab
- Settings Tab
- Location Mappings Tab
- Sync History Tab
- User History Tab
- The Infinite Campus Widget
Accessing the Infinite Campus App Management
You can edit all information entered during installation using the management options. To do so go to the Apps Management page by selecting Incident IQ Apps > Manage on the left navigation bar.
On the Apps Management page select Options on the Infinite Campus App.
This will take you to the Infinite Campus App management page where you will be able to select the following tabs:
- Overview tab where you to view basic user and group data, as well as run a manual sync with Infinite Campus.
- Settings tab where you to view and update your authentication (OneRoster URL, consumer key, consumer secret, and expiration date), as well as your import and installed features settings.
- Location Mappings tab where you can change your location mappings between Infinite Campus and Incident IQ.
- Sync History tab where you can view the sync data for each sync including users updated, skipped, created, and deactivated.
- User History tab where you can view the user revision history in Incident IQ, as well as the current groups this user belongs to.
This tab provides you with a brief summary of your current users, groups, and changes made to users in Incident IQ during the last sync with Infinite Campus. You can also force a manual sync with by selecting Re-Sync.
This tab allows you to change or validate your OneRoster protocol data, as well as make changes to your user data import and update options.
The Authentication section allows you to manage your One Roster API information as well as update it if necessary by using the Change Settings button.
The Mapping section allows you to manage the following:
- Translate Email: This enables Incident IQ to translate email address stored in Infinite Campus into a format necessary for Azure or Google SSO integration.
- Example: Microsoft Azure SSO requires an email that ends in "@iiq.azure.com", but Infinite Campus user accounts are stored as "@iiq.ga.us". Using this feature, Incident IQ can automatically search, replace, and match all "@iiq.ga.us" email addresses to the necessary SSO format. This will only affect your login information stored in iiQ. Data stored in Infinite Campus will not be affected by this feature.
- Append to Username for Email Lookup: This enables Incident IQ to match users without an email stored in Infinite Campus, to log in with an SSO enabled account in Azure or Google.
- Example: Microsoft Azure SSO requires an email that ends in "@iiq.azure.com", but the user has no email address stored in Infinite Campus. Using this feature, Incident IQ can automatically append "@iiq.azure.com" at the end of the username, bringing it in line with the necessary SSO format. This will only affect your login information stored in iiQ. Data stored in Infinite Campus will not be affected by this feature.
The Import Options section allows you to manage the following:
- Import students: When this box is checked, a new user will be created in Incident IQ for any student users in Infinite Campus during the initial import, as well as any new students found when a sync is run.
- Import teachers: When this box is checked, a new user will be created in Incident IQ for any teacher users in Infinite Campus during the initial import, as well as any new teachers found when a sync is run.
- Import administrators: When this box is checked, a new user will be created in Incident IQ for any administrator users in Infinite Campus during the initial sync, as well as any new administrators found when a sync is run.
- Import other users: When this box is checked, a new user will be created in Incident IQ for any miscellaneous users like parents or guardians in Infinite Campus when running a sync.
- Include Inactive Users: When this box is checked, a new user will be created in Incident IQ for any inactive users in Infinite Campus during the initial import, as well as any new inactive users found when a sync is run.
- Deactivate users: When this box is checked, users in Incident IQ will automatically downgrade to a NO ACCESS role if their associated Infinite Campus account has been deactivated or removed from IC.
- Allow Non-Agent Role Downgrades: When this box is checked, users that are not agents or admins can be automatically downgraded in the system according to what role they are in Infinite Campus.
The Available Features section allows you to manage the following:
- Parent / Guardian Login: Allows for Parents and Guardians with Infinite Campus accounts to login into Incident IQ to see their student's account.
Make sure to select Save after making any changes before you navigate away from this tab. Otherwise, your new settings will not update in Incident IQ.
Location Mappings Tab
This tab allows you to select or modify your current location mappings between Incident IQ and Infinite Campus. These settings determine where Incident IQ will place your users during initial imports and subsequent syncs.
You can select a Default Location to map users to in Incident IQ. This will place any user that does not match any other location mappings into this location. Additionally, if no locations are mapped then all users imported from Infinite Campus will be placed into this location by default.
Finally, using the drop down menus, you can select what location in Incident IQ should map to the listed Infinite Campus location in the left column.
Sync History Tab
This tab allows you to look up the data for any sync between Infinite Campus and Incident IQ. Clicking on the link of any sync will display the number of users updated, skipped, created, or deleted during the course of that particular sync.
Clicking on particular sync will bring up the sync details which include the total number of users, groups, as well as the number of users add, updated and skipped. Clicking on the Created, Updated, or Skipped options below the overview will pull up all users affected by this change during the sync.
User History Tab
This tab allows you to search for any user's Infinite Campus information. This includes their username, first and last name, email addresses, Group Membership, and their sync history. This information is useful in quickly determining if the user is affected by any email translations, establishing their group mappings, and identifying if syncing between the systems is being suppressed.
The Infinite Campus Widget
Administrators can access basic Infinite Campus data directly on a user's profile page through the Infinite Campus Widget. Here, you can view their IC Id number, Identifier, Role, Status, Location, and Homeroom information.
They can also access the courses a user is enrolled in as well as the Incident IQ and Infinite Campus sync history of the user.
Additionally, should you need to make any changes to a user's account, you can access the following features using the Options button:
- Sync with IC: This option allows you to sync this individual user's data without the need for a full sync between Incident IQ and Infinite Campus.
- Remove link to IC User: This option allows you to disassociate the Infinite Campus account that is tied to this Incident IQ account.
- Change IC User: This option allows you to change the Infinite Campus account that is tied to this Incident IQ account.