Incident IQ allows for districts to replace the nomenclature of models, issues, and categories with their own customized verbiage using the built-in custom names feature. The following guide is designed to give Administrators an overview of the following specific topics:
- Which elements can be changed with custom names during the ticket submission process.
- How to create, edit, and delete a custom name.
You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index, simply use the Return to Index link located at the end of any section.
Incident IQ comes with premade models, issues, and categories names. However, these may not be the best fit for your district in general, especially if you and your users are used to the words and phrases used in other systems already. Because of this, iiQ comes equipped with a custom naming feature, allowing you to change the terminology used in assets and tickets to better meet your district's individualized needs. This feature can be used to change any of the following categories:
- Ticket Category: These custom names can be used to change the name of a ticket wizard category (e.g. Devices / Hardware, Provisioning, Other Requests, etc)
- Model: These custom names can be used to change the name of a specific device model (e.g. Chromebook 11 3189, HP Chromebook 11 G5 EE, Dell Chrome 11 3189, etc).
- Model Category: These custom names can be used to change the name of a category of models (e.g. Laptops, Chromebooks, Computers, etc).
- Issue Category: These custom names can be used to change the names of the Devices/Assets, Software/Online System, and Network/Wifi ticket categories.
- Issue Type: These custom names can be used to change the name of a broad category a specific issue falls under (e.g. Hardware Damage, Power, Sound, etc.)
- Issue: These custom names can be used to change the name of a specific issue (i.e. Cracked Housing, Sound is distorted, Can't login, etc).
To access the custom names page, simply select Administration > Custom Names from the left navigation bar.
Creating Custom Names
You can create a new custom name by selecting the New Custom Name icon located in the top-right corner of any category. Please note that each custom name is tied specifically to the category it is created in.
You will be presented with two fields to fill out. The Match field is the standard terminology in iiQ that you wish to replace. The subsequent Custom Name field is where you will enter what you want to replace the Match field item with.
Example: To make the ticket submission process easier for teachers, I would like to change the "HP Chromebook 11 G5 EE" to "Student Chromebook" in the ticket submission as these are only given to students. To accomplish this, I would simply enter "HP Chromebook 11 G5 EE" in the Match field and "Student Chromebook" in the Custom Name field.
Please note that when saving your new custom name, it may take up to fifteen minutes for changes to take effect.
Editing Custom Names
You can edit an existing custom name by selecting Edit located on the right-hand side of any saved custom name.
This will reopen the Match and Custom Name fields for editing. Please note that when saving any edits to a custom name, it may take up to fifteen minutes for your changes to take effect.
Deleting Custom Names
You can delete an existing custom name by selecting Delete, located on the right-hand side of any saved Custom Name. This will revert all instances of this custom name in iiQ to the default terminology. Please note that when deleting a custom field, it may take up to fifteen minutes for your changes to take effect.