Warning: This document contains instructions for adjusting app synchronization settings that can adversely affect your device data, user data, and/or user mapping settings in Incident IQ. As such, only qualified personnel should proceed with making adjustments to the settings outlined in this document.
The Skyward App allows administrators to seamlessly integrate Skyward with Incident IQ by automating most aspects of your data upload. This provides administrators the ability to easily manage email translation settings, as well as the sync and mapping options for users, groups, and locations between the two programs in one convenient location. The following guide provides an in-depth overview of managing this application in Incident IQ.
Not what you were looking for? Perhaps one of these other guides will help:
- Installing the Skyward Integration - A guide that provides step-by-step instructions on how to integrate the Skyward App into Incident IQ.
- Managing Incident IQ Apps - A guide designed to provide a brief overview of Incident IQ Apps and how to access app management.
You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index simply use the Return to Index link located at the end of any section.
- Accessing the Skyward App Management
- Overview Tab
- Settings Tab
- Location Mappings Tab
- Sync History Tab
- User History Tab
- Using the Skyward Widget
Accessing the Skyward App Management
You can edit all information entered during installation using the management options. To do so go to the Apps Management page by selecting Incident IQ Apps > Manage on the left navigation bar.
On the Apps Management page select Options on the Skyward App.
This will take you to the Skyward App management page where you will be able to select the following tabs:
- Overview tab where you to view basic user and group data, as well as run a manual sync with Skyward.
- Settings tab where you to view and update your authentication (API URL, consumer key, and consumer secret), import, sync, and installed features settings.
- Location Mappings tab where you can change your location mappings between Skyward and Incident IQ.
- Sync History tab where you view the sync data for each sync including users updated, skipped, created, and deactivated.
- User History tab where you can view the user revision history in Incident IQ, as well as the current groups this user belongs to.
This tab provides you with a brief summary of your current users, groups, and changes made to users in Incident IQ during the last sync with Skyward.
If necessary, you can change your API settings by clicking on Change Settings.
You can also start a manual sync by selecting the Start Sync button near the bottom of the page.
This tab allows you to change or validate your Skyward API data, as well as make changes to your user data import and update options.
The Authentication section allows you to view and manage the following OneRoster protocol settings:
- API URL
- Expiration Date
The Mapping section allows you to manage the following:
- Translate Email: This enables Incident IQ to translate email address stored in Skyward into a format necessary for Azure or Google SSO integration.
- Example: Microsoft Azure SSO requires an email that ends in "@iiq.azure.com", but Skyward user accounts are stored as "@iiq.ga.us". Using this feature, Incident IQ can automatically search, replace, and match all "@iiq.ga.us" email addresses to the necessary SSO format. This will only affect your login information stored in iiQ. Data stored in Skyward will not be affected by this feature.
- Append to Username for Email Lookup: This enables Incident IQ to match users without an email stored in Skyward, to log in with an SSO enabled account in Azure or Google.
- Example: Microsoft Azure SSO requires an email that ends in "@iiq.azure.com", but the user has no email address stored in Skyward. Using this feature, Incident IQ can automatically append "@iiq.azure.com" at the end of the username, bringing it in line with the necessary SSO format. This will only affect your login information stored in iiQ. Data stored in Skyward will not be affected by this feature.
The Import Options section allows you to manage the following:
- Include Inactive Users: When this box is checked, a new user will be created in Incident IQ for any inactive users in Skyward during the initial import, as well as any new inactive users found when a sync is run.
- Import Students: When this box is checked, a new user will be created in Incident IQ for any student users in Skyward during the initial import, as well as any new students found when a sync is run.
- Import Teachers: When this box is checked, a new user will be created in Incident IQ for any teacher users in Skyward during the initial import, as well as any new teachers found when a sync is run.
- Import Administrators: When this box is checked, a new user will be created in Incident IQ for any administrator users in Skyward during the initial sync, as well as any new administrators found when a sync is run.
- Import Other Users: When this box is checked, a new user will be created in Incident IQ for any miscellaneous users like parents or guardians in Skyward when running a sync.
- Deactivate Users: When this box is checked, any user that is inactive in Skyward will automatically get marked as Inactive in Incident IQ when running a sync.
The Available Features section allows you to manage the following:
- Activate Skyward ticket submission within Online Systems: Activates Skyward as an Online System for use in ticket submissions.
- Custom Fields: Allows for Incident IQ to import and populate the following data fields in tickets: Teacher, Course Code, Course Section, and Student. These fields significantly reduce the time needed to submit a ticket for issues related to grading, attendance, course problems, and other Skyward related issues.
- Parent / Guardian Login: Allows for Parents and Guardians with Skyward accounts to login into Incident IQ to see their student's account.
Make sure to select Save after making any changes before you navigate away from this tab. Otherwise, your new settings will not update in Incident IQ.
Location Mappings Tab
This tab allows you to select or modify your current location mappings between Incident IQ and Skyward. You are also able to modify your current default location for any users that do not have a mapped location during an import or sync.
Sync History Tab
This tab allows you to look up the data for any sync between Skyward and Incident IQ. Clicking on the link of any sync will display the number of users updated, skipped, created, or deleted during the course of that particular sync.
Clicking on particular sync will bring up the sync details which include the total number of users, groups, as well as the number of users add, updated and skipped. Clicking on the Created, Updated, or Skipped options below the overview will provide you a list of users that fell under that category during the sync.
User History Tab
This tab allows you to look up the Skyward data for any user in Incident IQ. This includes what type of user they are, their username, first and last names, organization groups they belong to, as well as their sync/change history.
The Skyward Widget
Administrators in districts with a Skyward integration can access basic Skyward data on a user directly from their user page using the Skyward Widget. This tool allows you to immediately view their Skyward Id, Identifier, Role, Status, Grade, Location, and Homeroom information.
Tip: Homeroom and grade level data are also available as filters for user views. For more information on applying filters to user views check out the Filtering the Users View section of this document. Additionally, you can find out more about Custom Views by clicking here.
They can also access the courses a user is enrolled in as well as the Incident IQ and Skyward sync history of the user.
Additionally, should you need to make any changes to a user's account, you can access the following features using the Options button:
- Sync User: This option allows you to sync this individual user's data without the need for a full sync between Incident IQ and Skyward.
- Remove link to SIS User: This option allows you to unassociate the Skyward account that is tied to this Incident IQ account.
- Change SIS User: This option allows you to change the Skyward account that is tied to this Incident IQ account.