The following guide is designed to give users of the mobile app a general overview of the following topics:
- Using the mobile ticket wizard
- Submitting tickets for other locations and/or users through the mobile app
You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index simply use the Return to Index link located at the end of any section.
- Using the Mobile Ticket Wizard
- Submitting Tickets for Other Users
- Submitting Tickets for Other Locations
Using the Mobile Ticket Wizard
Incident IQ Mobile provides Agents and Administrators the flexibility to submit tickets for Devices/Software, Online Systems, and other requests quickly and easily while on the go. From the Incident IQ Mobile dashboard, you can create a new ticket by tapping on the menu icon (three horizontal bars in the top left corner), and then tapping Submit Ticket.
You will now be asked to what your ticket is about. This section is broken down into five different categories:
- Devices/Hardware: Used when something is physically wrong with a piece of technology (i.e. broken screen, cracked case, water damage, etc.)
- Software/Online Systems: Used when a problem arises with an application (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Emails, etc.)
- Network/Wi-Fi: Used when a network issue occurs (i.e. network is slow, a computer will not connect to the local network, etc.)
- Provisioning: Used for provisioning requests (i.e. email address creation, Active Directory account creation, etc.)
- Facilities (Facilities module only): Used for anything related to building maintenance, grounds keeping, and non-IT equipment (i.e. light bulbs, tools, cleaning equipment)
Select the category that best fits the problem you are experiencing at this time.
At this point, you will be asked to confirm who the ticket is for, the ticket location, as well as ticket details. If you are submitting a ticket for yourself, then the user will automatically populate with your Incident IQ information. Additionally, if your district has room numbers entered into locations, then you will need to select a room option before you will be able to continue.
For device and online system submissions, you will now need to select your specific device or device model. If you know the device's asset tag, you can enter it now.
If you don't know the device's asset tag, you can instead manually search by Device Type.
Once you've identified the asset type, you will now be asked to choose the issue category that best matches the problem you are experiencing. Choose an issue from the displayed list or choose Issue not Listed if your specific problem is not listed.
After you have identified the general issue of your ticket, you will be able to describe your problem in greater detail. If you have any additional information to share, use the dialog box to describe your issue further. You will also be asked to identify both the urgency of the ticket and whether it contains sensitive student information (e.g., student personally identifiable information or PII).
After you have completed filling in and reviewed all your ticket's information, click Submit Ticket.
Submitting Tickets for Other Users
You can submit a ticket on behalf of another user simply by clicking on your username after selecting your device category in mobile.
This will open the users selection menu. From here, you can search for and choose the user you want to submit the ticket for from the list displayed.
You will now see your name replaced with the user you selected. When you complete the ticket submission process, it will now submit on behalf of the user you've selected.
Submitting Tickets for Other Locations
You can submit a ticket on behalf of another user simply by clicking on your current location after selecting your device category in mobile.
This will open up the location selection menu. From here, you can search for and choose the new location from the list displayed.
You will now see your default location replaced with your selected location. When you complete the ticket submission process, it will now submit for the new location.