The following article is designed to give administrators an overview of the following Policy Manager app topics:
- An overview of the policy manager features
- Accessing the app management
- Creating, editing, and deleting policies
You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index simply use the Return to Index link located at the end of any section.
The Policy Manager App is designed to give districts an efficient method of implementing and tracking user agreements. Instead of having to track paper copies, agents and administrators can quickly look up whether the user accepted an agreement directly on that user's page in iiQ.
Additionally, you can quickly report on user acceptances for quick and easy reporting.
To access the Policy Manager app features mentioned by navigating to the Installed Apps page by clicking on the Manage button.
Creating a New Policy
From the Policies tab of the app page, you can add a policy by clicking on the Add Policy button on the right side of the page.
This will direct you to the Policy Details page. From here, you will need to begin by adding the following information:
- Name: This is the title of this policy agreement you want to display throughout Incident IQ
- Active Period: This field allows you to set an active time period for this policy. You are not required to enter anything here.
- Logo: This field allows you to attach a logo that will display for users on the policy acceptance page. You are not required to attach a logo to a policy.
- Body: You are required to enter the body of your agreement itself.
- Acceptance Confirmation Message: You can add a confirmation message that appears when a user has accepted a policy. This is an optional step.
- Decline Confirmation Message: You can also add a message for users that decline the policy (if allowed.) This is an optional step.
The next section allows you to choose the acceptance alert methods, acceptance requirements, and acceptance methods. These are as follows:
- Acceptance Requirements
- Initials: This setting will require users to enter their initials when accepting this agreement.
- Legal Name: This setting will require users to enter their legal name when accepting this agreement.
- Phone Number: This setting will require users to enter their phone number when accepting this agreement.
- Email Address: This setting will require users to enter their email address when accepting this agreement.
- Signature: This setting will require users to enter a digital signature when accepting this agreement.
- Acceptance Methods
- Inside IncidentIQ: This setting will take users to the Policy Approval page only if they are currently logged into Incident IQ.
- Direct Url: This setting will allow users to use a direct Url to the Policy Approval page even if they are not currently logged into the system.
- Lookup by Student Id: This setting allows you to open a user lookup page using the More option on the policy itself (this option will only appear if this box is checked).
- Alert Methods
- Dashboard Widget: When checked, this option will alert users of a new policy through a widget located at the top of a user's dashboard.
- Popup message on login: When checked, this option will alert users of a new policy through a pop-up window that will appear when they log in.
- Policy Options
- The policy can be declined: Allows a user to decline this agreement.
You can limit the users this policy applies to underneath the Target Audiences section. To set up these restrictions, begin by clicking on Add.
When adding a Target Audience you will be presented with the following options:
- By Location: Users at any location listed here will be affected by this policy (dependent on other Target Audience settings).
- By Role: Users with any role listed here will be affected by this policy (dependent on other Target Audience settings).
- By Users: Any user listed here will be affected by this policy (dependent on other Target Audience settings).
Editing and Deleting Policies
You can edit any policy by clicking on the Edit button on the right side of the policy in question.
Alternatively, you can delete a policy entirely by selecting More > Delete Policy.
Exporting Reports on Policies
You can quickly export a report on any policy by selecting More > Export Target Users on the right side of the policy in question.