Warning: This document contains instructions for adjusting app synchronization settings that can adversely affect your device data, user data, and/or user mapping settings in Incident IQ. As such, only qualified personnel should proceed with making adjustments to the settings outlined in this document.
The ClassLink app allows administrators to seamlessly integrate ClassLink with Incident IQ by automating most aspects of your data upload. This provides administrators the ability to easily manage email translation settings, as well as the sync and mapping options for users, groups, and locations between the two programs in one convenient location. The following guide provides an in-depth overview of managing this application in Incident IQ.
Not what you were looking for? Perhaps one of these other guides will help:
- Installing the ClassLink API Integration App - A guide that provides step-by-step instructions on how to integrate the ClassLink app into Incident IQ.
- Managing Incident IQ Apps - A guide designed to provide a brief overview of Incident IQ apps and how to access app management.
You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index simply use the Return to Index link located at the end of any section.
- Accessing the ClassLink App Management
- Overview Tab
- Settings Tab
- Location Mappings Tab
- Sync History Tab
- User History Tab
- The ClassLink Widget
- Filter by SIS User Status
Accessing the ClassLink App Management
You can edit all information entered during installation using the management options. To do so go to the Apps Management page by selecting Incident IQ Apps > Manage on the left navigation bar. On the Apps Management page select Options on the ClassLink app.
This will take you to the ClassLink app management page where you will be able to select the following tabs:
- Overview tab where you can view basic user and group data, as well as run a manual sync with ClassLink.
- Settings tab where you can view and update your authentication (OneRoster URL, consumer key, consumer secret, and expiration date), as well as your import and installed features settings.
- Location Mappings tab where you can change your location mappings between ClassLink and Incident IQ.
- Sync History tab where you can view the sync data for each sync including users updated, skipped, created, and deactivated.
- User History tab where you can view the user revision history in Incident IQ, as well as the current groups this user belongs to.
This tab is primarily used to give you a brief summary of your current users, groups, and changes made to users in Incident IQ during the last sync with Skyward.
If necessary, the Authentication section allows you to view and manage the following OneRoster API settings:
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
- Expiration Date
In the Sync section, you can get a full overview of the changes made during the last system sync. This includes any additions, deletions, or updates to user data in Incident IQ. Additionally, you can also manually kick off a sync between ClasskLink and iiQ by clicking on Start New Sync.
This tab allows you to change or validate your OneRoster protocol data, as well as make changes to your user data import and update options.
The Authentication section allows you to view and manage the following OneRoster API settings:
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
- Expiration Date
The User Mapping section contains two key features that are managed by iiQ Administrators. Changes to settings here can only be made upon request to a member of the Incident IQ support team. These settings will only affect account information stored in iiQ. Data stored in ClassLink will not be affected.
The Translate Email option allows iiQ to translate the domain name of your district's ClassLink email addresses to another domain name inside of iiQ. This is used in cases when the email domains of your AD/SSO accounts and ClassLink do not match. When set, the email translation can make your ClassLink emails appear exactly the same as your AD/SSO emails, ensuring user data between the two systems matches correctly in iiQ.
Alternatively, the Append to Username for Email lookup option allows iiQ to append an email domain to a user's username. This is used in cases where a user does not have an email address attached to their ClassLink account. When set, the appended information will make the username appear the same as the AD/SSO account format, ensuring user data between the two systems matches correctly in iiQ.
The Import Options section controls when iiQ imports, skips or deactivates accounts or calendars based on Skyward data. You have access to the following options:
- Add Rooms to Users: Assign the user with their homeroom.
- Skip import of calendars: Do not import the SIS calendars.
The next following options can only be made upon request to a member of the Incident IQ support team. This includes the ability to do the following:
Please note, we do not import users from your SIS integration. This would create duplicates within iiQ when using your SSO integration to create users.
- Import students: Allows the creation of accounts based on ClassLink users of type: student.
- Import teachers: Allows the creation of accounts based on ClassLink users of type: teachers.
- Import administrators: Allows the creation of accounts based on ClassLink users of type: administrator.
- Import other users: Allows the creation of accounts based on ClassLink users such as parents or guardians.
- Include inactive users: Allows the creation of iiQ accounts based on users marked as inactive in ClassLink.
- Deactivate users: Automatically removes user accounts authenticated by ClassLink from iiQ when they are deactivated in ClassLink.
- Allow Non-Agent Role Downgrades: Allows iiQ to automatically downgrade agent or admin users to a requestor level account if their account is downgraded in ClassLink.
- Skip import of user relationships: Do not import relationships for user (e.g. parents, guardians)
In the Available Features section, you can enable parent/guardian logins. This gives parents/guardians with ClassLink accounts the ability to login to Incident IQ to see their student's account.
The Field Mapping section allows you to control what fields get updated and what priority the ClassLink has when updating user accounts during syncs. The left-hand column of checkboxes allows you to enable and disable user data fields for use in data syncs.
Important: Please note that unchecking a box will prevent any app from syncing data into the deselected field. For instance, if you uncheck the Phone option, no app will be able to write data into this field, not just ClassLink.
Location Mappings Tab
This tab allows you to select or modify your current location mappings between ClassLink and Incident IQ. You can set or modify your current default location as well as match locations in ClassLink to the locations in Incident IQ.
Sync History Tab
This tab allows you to look up the data for any sync between ClassLink and Incident IQ. Every sync, whether it completed successfully or not, is logged for reference purposes and available for review.
Clicking on View Details will display the number of factors that have been added, updated, no change, skipped, or deleted during the course of that particular sync.
When viewing the syncs details, you also have access to Download SIS Data. This is the raw data that ClassLink integration is sending over to iiQ. You can download the raw data to help troubleshoot any issues or concerns with any syncs.
User History Tab
This tab allows you to search for any user's ClassLink information. This includes their username, first and last name, email addresses, Group Membership, and their sync history. This information is useful in quickly determining if the user is affected by any email translations, establishing their group mappings, and identifying if syncing between the systems is being suppressed.
The ClassLink Widget
Administrators can access basic ClassLink data directly on a user's profile page through the ClassLink Widget. Here, you can view their IC Id number, Identifier, Role, Status, Location, and Homeroom information.
They can also access the courses a user is enrolled in as well as the Incident IQ and ClassLink sync history of the user.
Additionally, should you need to make any changes to a user's account, you can access the following features using the Options button:
- Sync User: This option allows you to sync this individual user's data without the need for a full sync between Incident IQ and ClassLink.
- Remove link to SIS User: This option allows you to disassociate the ClassLink account that is tied to this Incident IQ account.
- Change SIS User: This option allows you to change the ClassLink account that is tied to this Incident IQ account.
Filter by SIS User Status
Filter any user view by your SIS user status (Active, Not Active, Not Linked). On the filtering window select the filter SIS User Status.