Warning: This document contains instructions for adjusting app synchronization settings that can adversely affect your device data, user data, and/or user mapping settings in Incident IQ. As such, only qualified personnel should proceed with making adjustments to the settings outlined in this document.
The ClassLink app allows administrators to seamlessly integrate ClassLink with Incident IQ by automating most aspects of your data upload. This provides administrators the ability to easily manage email translation settings, as well as the sync and mapping options for users, groups, and locations between the two programs in one convenient location. The following guide provides an in-depth overview of managing this application in Incident IQ.
Not what you were looking for? Perhaps one of these other guides will help:
- Installing the ClassLink API Integration App - A guide that provides step-by-step instructions on how to integrate the ClassLink app into Incident IQ.
- Managing Incident IQ Apps - A guide designed to provide a brief overview of Incident IQ apps and how to access app management.
You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index simply use the Return to Index link located at the end of any section.
- Accessing the ClassLink App Management
- Overview Tab
- Settings Tab
- Location Mappings Tab
- Sync History Tab
- User History Tab
- The ClassLink Widget
Accessing the ClassLink App Management
You can edit all information entered during installation using the management options. To do so go to the Apps Management page by selecting Incident IQ Apps > Manage on the left navigation bar. On the Apps Management page select Options on the ClassLink app.
This will take you to the ClassLink app management page where you will be able to select the following tabs:
- Overview tab where you can view basic user and group data, as well as run a manual sync with ClassLink.
- Settings tab where you can view and update your authentication (OneRoster URL, consumer key, consumer secret, and expiration date), as well as your import and installed features settings.
- Location Mappings tab where you can change your location mappings between ClassLink and Incident IQ.
- Sync History tab where you can view the sync data for each sync including users updated, skipped, created, and deactivated.
- User History tab where you can view the user revision history in Incident IQ, as well as the current groups this user belongs to.
This tab is primarily used to give you a brief summary of your current users, groups, and changes made to users in Incident IQ during the last sync with Skyward.
If necessary, the Authentication section allows you to view and manage the following OneRoster API settings:
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
- Expiration Date
In the Sync section, you can get a full overview of the changes made during the last system sync. This includes any additions, deletions, or updates to user data in Incident IQ. Additionally, you can also manually kick off a sync between Skyward and iiQ by clicking on Start Sync.
And finally, the Data Changes section shows a summarized account of the most recent changes made during the last system sync.
This tab allows you to change or validate your OneRoster protocol data, as well as make changes to your user data import and update options.
The Authentication section allows you to view and manage the following OneRoster API settings:
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
- Expiration Date
In the Available Features section, you can enable parent/guardian logins. This gives parents/guardians with Infinite Campus accounts the ability to login to Incident IQ to see their student's account.
The Field Mapping section allows you to control what fields get updated and what priority the Infinite Campus has when updating user accounts during syncs. The left-hand column of checkboxes allows you to enable and disable user data fields for use in data syncs.
Important: Please note that unchecking a box will prevent any app from syncing data into the deselected field. For instance, if you uncheck the Phone option, no app will be able to write data into this field, not just Infinite Campus.
Location Mappings Tab
This tab allows you to select or modify your current location mappings between Infinite Campus and Incident IQ.
You can set or modify your current default location as well as match locations in Infinite Campus to the locations in Incident IQ.
Sync History Tab
This tab allows you to look up the data for any sync between ClassLink and Incident IQ. Clicking on the link of any sync will display the number of users updated, skipped, created, or deleted during the course of that particular sync.
Clicking on particular sync will bring up the sync details which include the total number of users, groups, as well as the number of users added, updated and skipped. Clicking on the Created, Updated, or Skipped options below the overview will pull up all users affected by this change during the sync.
User History Tab
This tab allows you to search for any user's ClassLink information. This includes their username, first and last name, email addresses, Group Membership, and their sync history. This information is useful in quickly determining if the user is affected by any email translations, establishing their group mappings, and identifying if syncing between the systems is being suppressed.
The ClassLink Widget
Administrators can access basic ClassLink data directly on a user's profile page through the ClassLink Widget. Here, you can view their IC Id number, Identifier, Role, Status, Location, and Homeroom information.
They can also access the courses a user is enrolled in as well as the Incident IQ and ClassLink sync history of the user.
Additionally, should you need to make any changes to a user's account, you can access the following features using the Options button:
- Sync with IC: This option allows you to sync this individual user's data without the need for a full sync between Incident IQ and ClassLink.
- Remove link to IC User: This option allows you to disassociate the ClassLink account that is tied to this Incident IQ account.
- Change IC User: This option allows you to change the ClassLink account that is tied to this Incident IQ account.