This guide is designed to give agents and administrators a general overview of the following topics:
- What work packages are and their use in Incident IQ
- How to create, edit, and delete work packages
- How to use work packages and view progress
You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index simply use the Return to Index link located at the end of any section.
- Creating a Work Package
- Using Work Packages
Work Packages are tickets that have been grouped together by your specified selection. For example, you could create a work package to group tickets together for large projects such as computer lab refreshes.
Creating a New Work Package
To create a new work package go to any ticket view on the left navigation bar. Next, you can directly check the boxes of individual tickets or use a filter to generate a list with common criteria such as model type. After selecting the desired tickets, click Other at the top of the menu and select Add to Work Package.
This will open up a new pop-up window. From there, you can add the list to a preexisting work package or create a new work package. Once you have selected an existing work package or created a new one, click Update to complete the process.
Accessing / Deleting a Work Package
To view and alter your existing work packages, begin by clicking on Ticket > Work Packages on the left navigation bar.
From here, you can delete work packages at any time in the Work Packages menu by clicking the delete button on the far left of each group. This will not delete the tickets themselves, just the package group.
Working Tickets in Work Packages
You can work tickets on a work package in one of two ways. The first way is at the top right of the ticket page, you will see a work package menu.
- View tickets - allows you to select specific tickets from the package list while
- Next ticket - advances you to start another You can bulk assign all tickets to you with the
- Assign all to me - bulk assign all tickets to you.
- Remove - option removes the ticket that you are currently working from that specific package but does not remove it from your site.
As you complete tickets a progress bar will appear.
The second way to work tickets in the work package is to bulk work the tickets or run shortcuts. Bulk select the tickets and click on the Work button to work all tickets at once. Bulk select the tickets and click on Other button and select Run Shortcuts.