Before Incident IQ can access data from your PowerSchool SIS, you must install the application plug-in below within PowerSchool and obtain OAuth credentials. This will allow Incident IQ tp access PowerSchool data in read-only mode only. To set up this plug-in please use the following steps:
- If you have not already done so on the app page, right-click this link and chose Save As to download the file "plugin.xml" to your computer (we recommend saving it to a location that is easy to find again later, ie. your desktop).
- Sign in to the PowerSchool admin portal website using your System Administrator credentials.
- On the start page, choose System from the main menu, then go to System Settings > Plugin Management Configuration > Install
- Enter or select the plug-in installation file you just downloaded (plugin.xml), and then choose Install. The plug-in will appear in the Installed Plugins section on the Plugin Management Dashboard page. Make sure the plug-in is enabled. If it is not, choose the Enable option on the Plugin Management Dashboard page.
- On the Plugin Management Dashboard page, make sure that the plugin is enabled.
- Choose Data Configuration to view the OAuth credentials that were generated for the plug-in.
- Record the values for the Client ID and Client Secret so you can enter these credentials when you install the Incident IQ PowerSchool App.