This guide is designed to give Incident IQ administrators an overview of
Please see the following guide on how to add payments and fees to users, assets, and tickets:
You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index simply use the "Return to Index" link located at the end of each section.
Installing the Payments and Fees App
Please note that all information entered during installation can be edited at any time after setup. To begin, start by selecting Incident IQ Apps > Browse on the left navigation bar. Next search or scroll down to the Utility Apps section and select the Fee Tracker app. On the app page click Install near the top of the page.
Continue with the easy installation process.
Once installed, you can start adding Item Categories. These are the fines for fees categories (i.e. course fees, library fines, device insurance, athletics). Click on the Item Categories tab. Then click Add New Item Category. Enter the Title of the category, along with the Description. Click Save.
When adding or editing and item category, you will need to Re-Build Payment Data after making all of your changes. Re-Build Payment Data is updating existing data for your grid column payment data to be displayed correctly. Click on the Re-Build Payment Data button.
You can Edit or Delete the category to the right.
Item Types are the fees, payments or adjustments that associated to the Item Category. For example, under the Item Category library fines you can have item types: overdue, damaged, lost.
Click on the Item Types tab. Then click Add New Item Type. Next you will need to fill out the following fields:
- Sku: required to enter the item has a Sku.
- Title: required to enter the items title.
- Description: enter in a description of the item.
- Category: required select which category the item is associated with.
- Type: required to select the type: fee, payment, adjustment.
- Default Amount: enter the default amount. This can be changed when issuing the payment or fee.
Click Save. You can Edit or Delete the item type to the right.
Under the Permission tab you have access to limit which users can:
- Delete existing payment or fee transactions
- Modify existing payment or fee transactions
- Create a new payment or fee transactions