The following guide is designed to give Incident IQ administrators a detailed overview on the following topic(s):
- Creating and deleting ticket statuses
- Utilizing Ticket Statuses through using the rules engine
- Filtering and creating custom views by ticket statuses
You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index simply use the Return to Index link located at the end of any section.
- Creating and Editing Ticket Statuses
- Change Ticket Status Within a Ticket
- Creating Rules for Ticket Statuses
- Filtering by Ticket Statuses
- Bulk Action to Update Ticket Status
Creating and Editing Ticket Statuses
Incident IQ comes with default ticket statuses. However, these may not be the best fit for your district or need additional ticket statuses. iiQ comes equipped with creating custom ticket statuses, to better meet your district's individual needs.
On the left side bar, click Administration > Ticket Statuses. Here is the full list of your ticket statuses. At the top right corner click New Status.
Next you will need to enter the following:
- Workflow* - this is ties the status to an iiQ global status which impacts behind the scenes logic (SLAs, rules, notifications, etc.)
- Workflow Stage* - select from the default workflow stage list the new status is related to. You can have multiple statuses with the same workflow stage.
- Please note, at least one ticket status has to have the following workflow stages submitted, in progress, and resolved.
- Status Name* - new ticket status name.
- Description - add a description for internal notes.
To the right you can see the Info panel. This will display the user that created the ticket status and the last revisions. Clicking on View History will take you to the History page. After you have saved the ticket status you will have additional options above the info panel. You can Duplicate and Delete this status.
Change Ticket Status Within a Ticket
To begin working on any ticket simply select Start Ticket. This will automatically assign you as the ticket's agent and change the ticket status to In Progress. To the right under the Info panel you can manually change the ticket status. Click on the status and it will display the list of ticket statuses to select from.
Creating Rules for Ticket Status
Use the rules engine to automatically update ticket statuses. On the left side bar, select Administration > Rules. Click on the + Create New Rule button in the top right corner. Name the rule and add any filter necessary. Next add the action for the Set Status and select the ticket status.
Please see the detailed guide on managing rules.
Filtering by Ticket Status
On any Ticket view you can filter the tickets by the ticket status. Click on the filter button at the top right corner of a ticket view. Next select the filter Status in the pop up window. Select which ticket status you would like to filter by and click Save Filter.
Please see the detailed guide on Custom Views and Filtering.
Bulk Action to Update Ticket Status
On any ticket view you can bulk update multiple ticket statuses at once. First, select one or more tickets. Next, on the ticket action bar click Other and select Change Status. Select the ticket status you would like to change to and click Update.